The goal of this basketball dribbling drill is to make the defender think that you are going to go between your legs and then drive to the basket, but instead, you are actually going to go between your legs and then behind your back to go the opposite direction. This basketball drill and combo move depends on your ability to sell the first move and then quickly get into the second move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Between the Legs Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In and Out Crossovers Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling, hand speed, and work on the between the legs behind the back move.
- Use your eyes and body to sell the move and change up your speeds during the drill.
- Do your best to stay low and don’t raise up during the drill.
- Challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone, don’t be afraid to lose the basketball or make a mistake.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Get down into an athletic position.
- Start with the ball in your right hand, dribble the ball between your legs, and then immediately go behind the back.
- The ball will start and finish in the same hand. Switch starting hands after the desired amount of repetitions or time.