The reverse between the legs crossover is a more advanced basketball dribbling move, and to be able to use it in a game, you must be very good at the move. By adding the tennis ball, you will make the move even more difficult, but the idea is that in a game, when you go to use the move without a tennis ball, it will be a lot easier, and you will be more comfortable with it. Tennis ball basketball dribbling drills are great for adding difficulty to a move and creating an environment where the player will be challenged.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Reverse Between the Legs Crossover Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Behind the Back Crossover Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Between the Legs Crossover Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Crossover Rhythm Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your handles and work on the reverse between the legs crossover combo move.
- As you go through this basketball drill, don’t be afraid to mess up and challenge yourself to go as fast as you can.
- Stay low and give yourself a good toss each time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin with a basketball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other.
- Toss the tennis ball up in the air and while the ball is up in the air, dribble the basketball reverse between your legs and then cross it back over to the starting hand.
- Catch the tennis ball with the same hand that tossed it.
- Continue this motion for about 30 seconds and then switch which hand has the basketball and tennis ball in it.