This is a beginner two ball basketball dribbling drill that develops ball control and improves both hands simultaneously. A basketball player needs to be able to drive in either direction with confidence. Basketball dribbling drills like this will force the player to spend time working on their weak hand because they cannot transfer the ball over to their strong hand (since it already has a basketball).
The side windshield wipers two ball basketball dribbling drill can be done pretty much anywhere that there is a flat surface. So if you have limited gym space or only an empty garage, this is a great basketball drill to use.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Side Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Broken Side Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Broken Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball control, improve dribbling skill, improve timing.
- Keep back straight (not arched or bent over at the waist).
- Keep your head up.
- Basketballs should be between knees and feet level on the side of your body.
- Stay low in an athletic stance.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Dribble both basketballs on the side of your body in a sweeping windshield wiper motion.
- Continue this back and forth motion for 30-60 seconds and then rest.