This is a great wall tennis ball basketball dribbling drill to help improve your handles and your hand-eye coordination. The reason why is because you are forcing yourself to do two things at the same time. You must do the side windshield wiper with the basketball with one hand, and then at the same time use the other hand to toss and catch the tennis ball against the wall. This is also a great basketball drill for players that are constantly looking down at the basketball when they dribble. The tennis ball will force them to keep their eyes up.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wall Tennis Ball Toss Side Windshield Wiper Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball, 1 tennis ball, and a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your ball handling and your hand-eye coordination.
- The harder you toss the tennis ball against the wall, the harder it will be to do this basketball dribbling drill.
- Stay low in a dribbling position the whole time.
- Focus on giving yourself a good toss with the tennis ball each time.
- Push yourself, and don’t be afraid to mess up.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start facing a wall about 5 feet away with a basketball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other.
- Begin dribbling the basketball on the side of your body in a windshield wiper motion.
- Now toss the tennis ball against the wall underhanded and then catch it overhand.
- Continue tossing and catching the tennis ball against the wall for 20-30 seconds, and then switch hands and repeat.