For Pogo jumps, you aren’t going to bend your knees at all, and you are going to work to strengthen the lower half of your legs. This basketball vertical jump drill will help develop quick jumping and also good footwork. Try to jump as high and as quickly off the floor as you can each time.
Like most exercises, you will only get out what you put in, so really push yourself to jump each time. Make sure that you are keeping good form when you jump as well.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Pogo Jumps Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: None.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve vertical leap, quickness, and footwork.
- Land on the balls of your feet, but keep your heels low to the ground.
- Focus on firing up as quickly and as explosively as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand straight up with your feet together.
- Begin bouncing quickly on the balls of your feet without bending your knees.
- Advance this drill by attempting to gain more height in your jump and still minimizing ground contact time.
It really seems like he missed out on must have training equipment, as I have never seen him using these in his workout videos. Apparently boingvert can add 8 inches to your jump, so he would have been even more ridiculous of an athlete.