Standing broad jumps are a great way to improve your vertical and explosiveness. This basketball vertical jump drill is great for working on your form while getting lots of reps at jumping as high and as far as you can. Being able to jump does not just require strong legs; it requires the right technique and using your entire body to help propel you upwards. This basketball workout will help you with learning how to do this.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Standing Broad Jumps Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Standing Broad Jump to Sprint Basketball Drill
- Standing Broad Jump to Lateral Sprint Basketball Drill
- Bounding Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your vertical, technique, and explosiveness
- Throw your arms up in the air as you jump, try to land as softly as you can, and push yourself to jump higher/farther each time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down and bring your arms down and back.
- Explode upwards and outwards in a jumping motion; throw your arms up in the air as you do.
- Land as softly as you can and then repeat.
- You can decide how many repetitions you do.