If you constantly have to fall back on your strong hand and use it as a crutch, you will struggle as a ball handler. You need to develop your off hand so that both of your hands are equal. This means that you have to spend time doing basketball drills that will work on your handles and give you confidence in your dribbling abilities.
Two ball basketball dribbling drills are a great way to balance yourself out as a player. They will help give you the confidence to dribble the basketball with either hand because you don’t have the ability to switch the ball over to your strong hand. You don’t want to be predictable as a ball-handler, and if you can only go one direction while dribbling, you become very predictable. Basketball dribbling drills like this one are also great because they can be done almost anywhere. This means that you always have the chance to improve and work on your ball handling.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Progression Crossover 2 Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on both hands at the same time and work on your crossover move.
- Make sure you keep your back straight and eyes up.
- Stay low on the dribble.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Take 1-3 stationary dribbles with each hand (as you get more advanced, limit your dribbles), and then cross both basketballs over in front of you.
- Use another stationary dribble(s) and do the same crossover move.
- Alternate which hand dribbles the basketball in front each time (it will end up the same basketball being in front each time).
- Continue this pattern for the desired amount of time.