This is a two-ball basketball combo move, and the purpose of this basketball dribbling drill is to work on the double crossover. By doing the move with 2 basketballs, you will work on both your weak and strong hand at the same time and make the drill more difficult. The idea is that if you can do this drill with 2 basketballs, then in a game, it should be easier to do the move with only one basketball.
A great thing about this basketball drill is that it can be done pretty much anywhere that there is a flat hard surface. So whether it is during basketball training on the side of the court or in an empty garage, you can do this ball handling drill.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 1 Dribble Double Crossover Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on the double crossover and also improve your overall ball handling.
- Stay in an athletic dribbling stance the whole time, keep your eyes up, and push yourself to go as quickly as you can.
- The same ball will stay in front on the double-cross, don’t double-cross the basketballs in a circular motion.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Dribble both basketballs one time and then cross both basketballs over in front of you.
- Immediately cross the balls back over to the original hand that it started in.
- Take another stationary dribble and repeat the move but change up which ball goes in front and which goes behind.