As a ball-handler, you always want to always push yourself to get better, and after you have mastered a basketball dribbling drill, it is important to move on to another more difficult one. The two ball bounce double between the legs basketball dribbling drill is one of the more advanced ball handling drills you will find. It will really challenge the player’s ball-handling skills and push them out of their comfort zone.
This is also a great basketball drill for developing overall hand quickness. So along with working on ball handling, this drill will work on making your hands quicker.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 2 Ball Bounce Drill Double Between the Legs
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Rhythm Move Walking Dribbling Drill
- Crossovers Walking Dribbling Drill
- 2 Ball Bounce Drill Between the Legs/Behind the Back
Goals of the Drill
- Work on the double between the legs move and also work on touch.
- Keep your eyes up and move forward as you make the move.
- Do the move as quickly as you can and try not to bounce the other basketball too high and out of control.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start with a basketball in each hand on the baseline.
- Begin dribbling both basketballs and moving forward.
- Dribble one basketball a little bit harder and while that ball is up in the air, make a double between the legs (figure 8) move.
- Put your hand on top of the other basketball before it touches the ground again.
- Continue all the way down the floor, alternating which hand makes the move each time.
- On the way back down the floor, do the moves going backward.