There are different types of basketball ball handling drills to accomplish different things. Some basketball dribbling drills work on practicing a specific move, and some work on simply improving your touch and handles.
This advanced two ball basketball dribbling drill is going to help you develop really quick handles. Making you do the move before the other basketball touches the ground again makes you push yourself to go quicker than you normally would. You force yourself to be quicker.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 2 Ball Bounce Drill Double Crossover
Equipment Needed: 2 Basketballs
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 2 Ball Bounce Drill Double Between the Legs
- Crossovers Walking Dribbling Drill
- 2 Ball Bounce Drill Between the Legs/Behind the Back
Goals of the Drill
- Develop quick hands and work on the double crossover move.
- As you go through this basketball drill, keep your eyes up and stay in a low dribbling stance the whole time.
- Make the move as quickly as you can and try not to bounce the off-ball really high.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up and challenge yourself to get better.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start on the baseline with a basketball in each hand.
- Begin dribbling the basketballs and walking forward.
- Take your hand off the basketball in your left hand and let it bounce free.
- While it is up in the air, make a double crossover move with the other basketball.
- Place your left hand back on the basketball that you let bounce-free before it touches the ground again.
- Take a couple more dribbles walking forward and then repeat the move but with the opposite hand.
- Continue all the way down the floor, alternating which hand does the move each time.
- When you get to the opposite baseline, come back but this time, do the drill walking backward.