The 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill (5 Shot) is a variation of the regular 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill except for rather than having to make three 3 pointers in a row from each spot; the player has to make 5 shots in total at each spot before they can move on to the next spot. This is just to add a little more difficulty to the basketball drill for more advanced basketball players.
Watch the below HD video, read the detailed instructions and tips for the 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill (5 Shot), and then add this basketball shooting drill to your workout plan. It is good to have some catch and shoot basketball shooting drills that put some pressure on the shooter to make shots because it will, hopefully, bring the best out of the player. It will also simulate a little bit of game pressure for the shooter.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill (5 Shot)
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and 1 partner (for rebounding).
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 10 Spot Boston Celtics Shooting Drill
- 2 Minute Magic Shooting Drill
- Teammate 3 in a Row Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve catch and shoot shooting and develop shooting concentration.
- Concentrate on being in a down ready shooting position before you catch the pass from the rebounder.
- Hold your follow-through until you make or miss.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The goal of this drill is to make 5 3 point shots from each of the 5 spots around the 3 point arc (both sides of the baseline, both sides of the wing, and the top of the 3 point arc).
- The player must make 5 3 pointers (does not have to be consecutive) from 1 spot before moving to the next spot on the court.
- To beat the drill, the player must get through all 5 spots in under two minutes.