This is not a complex basketball shooting drill that has a lot of moving parts; in fact, it is pretty basic. Still, it is a great way to keep a shooter mentally engaged when shooting catch and shoot shots. It will provide some variation to simply catching and shooting repeatedly without some kind of competitive factor involved.
Shooters must stay mentally engaged when they are shooting so that they don’t allow themselves to practice bad habits. Basketball drills like this is are great because they give the shooter a competition rather than just mindlessly shooting. The competition factor will make sure that the player stays locked in on their shooting form and technique on each shot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 2 3 Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and 2 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 2 3 2 Basketball Shooting Drill
- 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill (5 Shot)
- 100 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on shooting game speed shots while staying mentally engaged.
- Get your work done before the ball gets there and shoot the same way every time.
- Focus on one shot at a time and stay mentally engaged on each shot.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The shooter will start in the corner with a rebounder under the basket and a passer near the top of the key.
- The player has 1 minute to get through the shooting drill, and they must make; 3 in a row from the corner, 2 total from the wing, 3 in a row from the top of the key, 2 total from the opposite wing, and then 3 in a row from the opposite corner.
- If you would like to scale down the drill, you can flip flop the numbers and go; 3 total makes from the corner, 2 in a row from the wing, 3 total makes from the top of the key, 2 in a row from the opposite wing, and 3 total makes from the opposite corner.