When you make a dribble move past your defender, you want to get low, attack north/south, and push the basketball out past the defender after you make your move. These are the basketball fundamentals of making a great dribble move. This one ball basketball dribbling drill will work on all of these fundamentals and really help the player learn to be efficient with their movements.
This is not one of the more advanced basketball dribbling drills, but it is something that every basketball player needs to work on until they master it. Every time that you do this drill, you should be trying to be even more explosive than you were the last time. Challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Bounce Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner (or chair if no partner).
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on being explosive with the basketball on your dribble moves.
- Don’t waste any motion on your movements (no false step, raising up, etc.).
- Really drive off of your back leg and be explosive on the movement.
- You can work on whatever type of finish at the basket that you would like after the move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The partner/chair is going to be on the 3 point line out on either wing.
- The player is going to start 6-8 feet back from there with the basketball.
- When the basketball drill starts, the player will take 3 between the legs dribbles (scissor dribble).
- After the 3rd dribble, the player will attack the partner/chair with the dribble, make an in and out move, and then attack the basket for whatever type of finish you want to work on; floater, runner, layup/dunk, pull up, etc.
- After this, the next player in line will go, or if there is only one player, they will reset and go again.