If you can develop good hands and a soft touch, it translates into so many other areas of the game. This tennis ball basketball dribbling drill not only improves your handles, but it also develops a soft touch and good eye-hand coordination. Even if you are not a primary ball-handler, this is a great basketball drill for you.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 tennis balls, 2 basketballs, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Basketball Drill
- 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss/Bounce Basketball Drill
- Pound Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling.
- Develop soft hands and a good touch.
- Improve your hand-eye coordination and teach how to dribble without looking down.
- Keep your eyes up the whole time.
- Focus on a good toss and a good catch each time.
- Stay low in an athletic position and don’t raise up.
- Pound the basketball as hard as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- One player will have the basketball in their right hand, and the other player will have the basketball in their left hand, tennis balls in their other hands.
- Now face each other and stand about 8 feet apart.
- Dribble the basketball 3 times and then toss the tennis ball to your partner.
- Take 3 dribbles between each toss and go for about 30 seconds before switching which hand dribbles the basketball.