Partner tennis ball basketball drills are great to use when trying to work out your entire team or looking for drills for a basketball camp. They are also good basketball drills because they work on your ball handling and eye-hand coordination. Any position can work on these drills because it will help them improve their hands and touch.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 tennis balls, 2 basketballs, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss/Bounce Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your eye-hand coordination and develop your ball handling.
- Be able to dribble a basketball without looking down or having to think about it.
- Keep your eyes up the whole time.
- Focus on a good toss and a good catch.
- Stay low in an athletic position and don’t raise up.
- Pound the basketball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The players will face each other with a basketball in their right hand and a tennis ball in their left.
- Players should stand about 8 feet apart from each other.
- Both of them will dribble the basketball 3 times and then toss the tennis ball to the partner’s hand that has the basketball in it.
- While the tennis ball is in the air, both players will dribble the basketball between their legs.
- Players will catch the tennis ball and then repeat.