With young basketball players, you want to be able to come up with basketball drills that are challenging but fun at the same time. This tennis ball toss drill is going to do just that. It will keep the players engaged and having fun by using tennis balls and partners, but it will also help them to work on their game.
The big things that players will be working on with this basketball dribbling drill are their ball handling, hand-eye coordination, and practicing dribbling with their eyes up. Most younger players struggle with keeping their eyes up while they dribble the ball, so this is an excellent drill to do to work on that.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Reverse Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs, 2 tennis balls, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Behind the Back Basketball Drill
- 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your ball handling, communication, and hand-eye coordination.
- Focus on making a good toss to your partner each time.
- Make the reverse between the legs move as quickly as possible to give yourself more time to catch the tennis ball.
- Don’t raise up out of your athletic stance, and keep your eyes up.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Have both players start with a basketball in their right hand and a tennis ball in their left.
- They are both going to dribble the basketball 3 times together and then toss the tennis ball to each other at the same time.
- Before they catch the tennis ball, they must dribble the basketball reverse between their legs to their other hand.
- After they catch the tennis ball, they will repeat the move but with the other hand this time.
- For this tennis ball basketball dribbling drill, continue alternating hands back and forth for 30-60 seconds.