Partner tennis ball toss basketball dribbling drills are great to work on ball handling and hand-eye coordination. The goal is to make the players focus on the tennis balls, which means that they are dribbling their basketball and making different moves without having to think about it and look down at the ball.
This basketball dribbling drill will incorporate 4 different moves into the same drill. The goal is to make the drill really challenging so that when you get in a game, you are prepared for anything. This is also a great basketball drill for working on communication and keeping your eyes up while dribbling.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Rhythm Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs, 2 tennis balls, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss/Bounce Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling, hand coordination, communication, and dribbling with your eyes up.
- If you are struggling with this drill, then you can count out the dribbles and say toss when you toss the ball.
- Stay low in an athletic stance, and don’t raise up as you dribble.
- Push yourself, and don’t be afraid to mess up.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Have two players stand facing each other with a basketball in their right hand and a tennis ball in their left hand.
- At the same time, they will dribble the basketball 3 times and then toss the tennis ball to each other.
- While the tennis ball is in the air, the players must cross the basketball over to their other hand and then catch the tennis ball.
- You will do the moves in this order; 2 crossovers, 2 between the legs, 2 behind the back, and 2 reverse between the legs (one move each hand).
- Keep cycling through the moves in that order for the desired amount of time.