Players that can dribble the basketball from hand to hand quickly using combo moves are a lot harder to guard off the dribble. They keep the defense on their heels and keep them from being able to over help.
The 3 dribble toss double rhythm tennis ball basketball drill will challenge players to have quick hands because they will have to complete the move and catch the tennis ball each time before it hits the ground. Challenge yourself to become a great ball handler with basketball drills like this one.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Dribble Toss Double Rhythm Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and 1 tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on developing quick handles and work on four different dribble moves.
- Stay low on the dribble and give yourself a good toss each time.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up and push yourself to go quicker.
- Make the move as fast as you can to have more time to catch the tennis ball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- You are going to do 4 different moves with 3 dribbles in between each time.
- The moves are a double crossover, a double between the legs figure 8, a double behind the back, and a double reverse between the legs figure 8.
- Start on the baseline with a basketball in your right hand and a tennis ball in the left.
- Begin walking forwards, take 3 dribbles, toss the tennis ball up in the air, make the move, and catch the tennis ball.
- After you do all four moves, switch which hand has the basketball.
- Continue walking forward till you reach the end line and then come back but this time do the drill walking backward.