Becoming a great shooter in basketball doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of time, and one of the biggest things is developing the right form and then building muscle memory. The better your basketball shooting form is to start, the higher your ceiling will be when it comes to becoming a better shooter.
This basketball shooting drill is all about focusing on form. There is no moving around, and every shot should be the same motion. Really focus on shooting the basketball with good form from all three levels. Basketball drills like this one aren’t going to require a ton of energy and physical effort, but what is critical is that you are staying mentally engaged. This means that you need to lock-in on every shot and hold yourself accountable to have good shooting form on each shot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Level Form Shooting Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 10 Spot Boston Celtics Basketball Shooting Drill
- 3 Tier Basketball Shooting Drill
- 3 Minute 90 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve shooting form and build muscle memory.
- Be down ready to shoot the basketball on the catch, jump straight up and down on your shot, and hold your follow-through.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start on the block down ready to shoot.
- The coach has the basketball under the basket and will pass it out to you for the shot.
- You will shoot for 20 seconds from the block (jump on each shot), then mid-wing, and then the 3 point line (20 seconds at each spot, 1 minute total).
- After you complete all three spots on the wing, you will go down the middle and then the other wing.