Becoming a great basketball shooter takes time in the gym, but it also requires the right coaching. With or without a coach, you must evaluate yourself as a shooter and make sure that you are jumping straight up and down, holding your follow-through, elbow above your eye, etc. After that, focus on getting as many quality shooting reps up as you can. Shoot the basketball the same way every time and start building that muscle memory.
This basketball shooting drill will allow the player to get a lot of quality shooting repetitions in a short period of time. The shooter will be able to lock-in on the correct shooting form and then continue to fine-tune their shot as they go through the basketball drill.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Minute 90 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and 2 rebounders.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 10 Spot Boston Celtics Basketball Shooting Drill
- 3 Tier Basketball Shooting Drill
- 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve shooting and get a lot of quality shooting repetitions.
- Be down ready before the ball gets there and shoot the basketball the same way every time.
- Hold your follow-through and jump straight up and down.
- Don’t worry about the next shot till the one you are shooting goes in or misses; stay in your shot.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- You will shoot from 3 different spots on the floor and in this order; corner to wing, lane line to lane line, and opposite corner to the wing.
- You will shoot 2 pointers for 30 seconds and then 3 pointers for 30 seconds at each spot.
- After each shot, you will move up or down 4-5 feet (corner to the wing, etc.).
- Start in the corner, go 30 seconds at each spot (2 pointers and 3 pointers) all the way through without stopping, and try to get a total of 90 points (count by 2’s and 3’s).