When practicing your shot in basketball, you want to make sure that you are shooting at game speed. It doesn’t make sense to practice shooting one way and then switch it up in a game. You want to be consistent and build good muscle memory.
This catch and shoot basketball shooting drill will allow you to work on your shot at game speed and allow you to get up a lot of shots in a short period of time. Developing the muscle memory for your shot is key in becoming a great shooter in basketball, and the only way to do that is through shooting and spending time in the gym doing the right basketball drills.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Point Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-3 Basketballs and 2-4 players.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Mid Range Freeze Fake Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
- Mid Range on the Move Bad Pass Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
- Bob Knight Mid Range Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on shooting at game speed and getting up a lot of shots.
- Try not to shoot in the same spot twice in a row.
- Be down ready to shoot as the basketball is coming towards you; don’t catch then load.
- Jump straight up and down and hold your follow-through.
- Stay in your shot till you make or miss before running after the basketball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- This drill can be done in groups of 2,3, or 4.
- You are always going to have one less basketball than members of the group.
- Have all the players start outside the 3 point line, and the players with the basketball will shoot one at a time and then go run down their rebound.
- After a player shoots and gets his/her own rebound, they will make a weak hand pass to the next open shooter and then relocate themselves to get ready for another shot.
- This cycle will continue the whole time, and you can either go for a desired amount of shots, makes, or time.