The bad pass partner basketball shooting drill is designed to help you work on shooting the basketball the right way even if you receive a bad pass from a teammate. During the course of a basketball game, not every pass will be perfect and right on target. That means that you have to learn to shoot the basketball even if it is a little low, high, behind you, etc.
A big key to this is recognizing the bad pass and then quickly adjusting your body behind the ball. If it is a really bad pass, you may not be able to shoot the ball at all, but the goal is to still shoot a high percentage shot even off a bad pass. After you finish watching this video check out our entire database of basketball drills.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Pointers Bad Pass Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-3 basketballs and 2-4 players.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Learn how to shoot the basketball the right way, even off of a bad pass.
- Move your body behind the basketball as it comes to you, don’t just reach for it with your hands.
- Practice being balanced on your shot, and don’t kick your legs out.
- Hold your follow-through and try to land in the same spot that you jumped from.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- This drill can be done in groups of 2, 3, or 4 people.
- You are always going to use one less basketball than people per group.
- Two players will start with a basketball, and the other will stand ready to shoot.
- The players will either start with a shot or pass to the open man and then receive a pass.
- After you shoot the basketball, you will get your own rebound and then pass to the open man with your weak hand.
- Make the pass slightly bad so that the player must adjust to it.
- You can shoot anywhere you want from behind the 3 point line, move to a new spot each time.
- The drill can go for a set time, a set number of group makes, or a set number of individual makes.