This basketball shooting drill is designed to get the player shooting the basketball 3 different types of shots; one at the basket, the mid-range, and the 3 point line. It is a great basketball drill to work on shooting as well as conditioning. Becoming a great shooter takes time and repetition. Try to shoot the ball the same way every time; this will build muscle memory.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 3 Tier Basketball Shooting
Equipment Needed: 3 basketballs, 2 chairs, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 10 Spot Boston Celtics Basketball Shooting Drill
- Line Basketball Shooting Drill
- 50 Makes Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve shooting and work on conditioning.
- Be explosive on your drive to the basket.
- Set your man up on both of your shots,
- Jump straight up and down on your shots.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Set a chair up on the opposite lane line right below the elbow and on the 3 point line.
- Start with a basketball at half court, and your partner has the other two basketballs at the 3 point line.
- Taking only two dribbles, get to the rim for an athletic finish.
- Next, set your imaginary defender up under the basket and come off the first chair around the elbow for a curl catch and shoot shot.
- Finally, start at the top of the key and set your man up for the flare cut; come off the flare screen for a catch and shoot 3 pointer.
How many sets, reps, or how long should we do this drill a day? thanks
It depends on the players age and level but I would recommend 2-3 times through per player on each side of the floor, you could do it until the players make a set number of shots, or you could do it for a set amount time if you are on the clock for your workout. Hope that helps!