It is tough to simulate game shooting pressure when you are just in the gym shooting by yourself or with a teammate, but the 33 basketball shooting drill is a great way to do that. Having to make 3 consecutive shots in a row at each spot will train you to mentally be able to hit big shots. You become comfortable with having the pressure on yourself to hit an important shot.
Also, with this basketball shooting drill, you will get a lot of reps at shooting, so you are working on the physical side of shooting the basketball. Train yourself as a player to be a clutch shooter with basketball drills like this. Practice putting the pressure on yourself so that when you get in a game, you know that you have already worked on hitting the big shot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 33 Advanced Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and 2 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Peer Pressure Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
- Steve Nash 3 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
- 4 Quarters Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your shooting and also your mental strength.
- Don’t get caught up on the last shot; it is always about the next shot.
- Try and shoot the same way every time; work on your basketball shooting mechanics.
- Be mentally strong and hit the big shot.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- You can do this drill from 5 different spots on the floor; either corner, either wing or the top of the key.
- The player must make 3 mid-range jumpers in a row, 3 regular 3 pointers in a row, and then finally 3 NBA 3 pointers in a row.
- All this must be done in under a minute.
- Also, if the player finishes before the minute is over, they can try to make 3 shot fake one dribble pull up shots in a row before the time runs out.