Anytime that you can do basketball shooting drills that put pressure on the shooter you are working on the mental side of shooting as well. You will never be able to fully simulate the feeling of shooting a big shot in a real game but if you can train your mind to be mentally tough when practicing you will give yourself a better chance to hit that big shot at the end of the game.
This basketball drill will also help you to work on your mechanics and muscle memory by getting you a lot of reps at the same type of shot. Also, by having to hit 3 shots in a row you train your mind to expect bigger things. It becomes not that big of a deal to hit one or two shots in a row in a game, because you are used to hitting 3 in a row every day.
Drill Name: 33 Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and 2 partners.
Similar Drills and Resources
- 33 Advanced Basketball Shooting Drill
- Teammate 3 in a Row Basketball Shooting Drill
- Peer Pressure Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your shooting and mental strength.
- Always be thinking about the next shot that you are going to shoot.
- It doesn’t matter if you made or missed the last shot.
- Shoot the basketball the same way every time, work on your muscle memory.
- Believe that every shot you shoot is going to go in.
- There is going to be one passer, one rebounder, and a shooter.
- The shooter is going to start in the midrange anywhere on the floor ready to shoot.
- The shooter must make 3 consecutive mid-range shots, then step back to the 3 point line and make 3 consecutive shot fake one dribble pull up shots, and then finally make 3 consecutive 3 point shots.
- All this must be done in under a minute.