Being a great basketball offensive rebounder requires you to track the ball down and see where it is going before the defense does. Once you track the basketball down, you need to jump and go get it. This basketball rebounding drill simulates crashing the offensive boards and going up and getting the ball at its highest point. This is a great drill for big men and wing players.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: 5 Spot Offensive Basketball Rebounding Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Tip Dunk Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Backboard Tips Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Reverse Reaction Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on tracking down offensive rebounds and finishing at the basket.
- Track down the ball before you jump.
- Extend your arms and try to get the ball at its highest point.
- Decide whether you will finish it with a tip back or bring it down quickly, don’t get caught in between.
- If you come down with the ball, keep it high and finish quickly.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start under the basket and the coach with the basketball.
- Run out to the corner and then come back in.
- As you are coming back in, the coach will bounce the basketball up in the air to simulate an offensive rebound.
- Jump up in the air and either tip-dunk the ball back in the basket, or pull it down and then go right back up with it.
- After you score the ball, you will go immediately out to the next spot and repeat.
- You have to get a make from all five spots; corners, wings, and top of the key.
- To make this basketball drill harder, you can come back around for a total of ten makes.