This is a beginner two-ball basketball dribbling drill, but anyone can use it to help warm-up or just to improve their ball handling. During this basketball dribbling drill, you want to pound dribble the basketball as hard as you can. This will help to develop hand strength and ball control. You will also be able to work on both hands simultaneously, which will help maximize your training time. This is a great basketball drill to do with younger players or to warm up if you are a more advanced player.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Alternating Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- High Low Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wiper Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball control and overall ball handling.
- Dribble the basketballs as hard as you can and keep your eyes up.
- Challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone, and don’t worry about losing the ball.
- You want to be going so hard that you lose the ball every now and then.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Dribble both basketballs at the same time in an alternating rhythm.
- Only let the basketballs bounce up to your waist each time, and continue to dribble the basketballs as hard and fast as you can for the desired amount of time, usually 30-60 seconds.