This basketball shooting drill is perfect for practice because it incorporates a lot of players, as well as practices the good habit of ball movement before a shot. To have a fluent offense, the ball needs to be moving, and players need to be driving and kicking to each other. This basketball drill will practice all of these aspects of an offense.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Ball Movement Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs, 2 coaches, and 3 -6 players.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Short Corner to Elbow Basketball Shooting Drill
- Bob Knight Mid Range to 3 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
- Teammate 3 in a Row Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball movement and getting a lot of shots.
- Pass to outside hand, be down ready on the shot, communicate.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- There will be a coach with a ball on the left lane line and on the right block under the basket.
- Players will be located on both wings and on the right lane line, all outside the 3 point line.
- The coach with the ball on the left lane line will pass the ball to the player on the right lane line.
- He will catch the ball and swing it to the wing player on his right.
- This player will drive the baseline, and as he drives the baseline, the opposite player on the left wing will slide to the corner to receive the pass for a shot from the player driving the baseline.
- The player that was on the right lane line that swung the ball will slide behind the player that drove the ball to receive a pass from the coach on the baseline where he will catch and shoot the ball.
- Players rotate right one spot each time, and the drill resets.
- This drill can be practiced with a shot fake one dribble pull up instead of a catch and shoot.