The band resisted backpedaling drill allows you to be able to work on your explosive reverse step. This basketball resistance drill really helps to open up your hips and build explosiveness. A lot of your quickness and speed comes from your core and having the right technique. The idea behind this type of workout is that once the band is removed, the player will be a lot quicker in his/her movements.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Band Resisted Back Peddle Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: Resistance Band
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Band Resisted Forward Run Basketball Drill
- Band Resisted 4 Way Training Basketball Drill
- Band Resisted Forward and Backward Lunges Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your explosiveness and quickness
- Make sure that your back is straight, you pump your arms, and your first step is explosive.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start in an athletic position making sure that you are balanced and ready to be explosive.
- Back peddle out 4 or 5 steps as quickly as you can, then immediately come back forward while under control.
- Repeat this for the desired repetitions, and on the final repetition, come to a jump stop back into an athletic position.