This resistance basketball drill will allow you to work on your defensive technique as well as your quickness. The HD basketball training video below shows you everything you need to know about executing the proper defensive slide. The resistance band will help to build up your explosiveness and quickness. As a defender, you want to be able to move quickly in either direction.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Band Resisted Defensive Slides Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: A resistance band.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Band Resisted Back Peddle Drill
- Band Resisted 4 Way Training Drill
- Band Resisted Forward and Backward Lunges Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Build proper technique in your defensive slides and lateral quickness
- Stay low and don’t raise up out of stance.
- Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Keep the band tight as you do the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place the band around your legs and start in a defensive stance.
- Keep your butt low, and do not bob up and down as you slide.
- Extend either your right or left leg and begin to slide.
- Your back should be straight up and down.
- Once you have slid the desired amount of steps in one direction, slide back the other direction leading with your opposite foot.