Basketball combo moves are great for setting up a defender to drive past them or to get enough space for a shot. The key to a good move is selling the move to one direction to get the defender to shift and then quickly changing and going the other way. The behind the back crossover toss tennis ball drill will help you work on a specific move while developing soft, quick hands. This is one of the more advanced tennis ball basketball dribbling drills but is great for working on ball handling and developing quick hands.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Behind the Back Crossover Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Double Between the Legs Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Double Cross Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Behind the Back Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your handles, hand-eye coordination, build soft hands, and work on the behind the back crossover move.
- Keep your eyes up and focus on a good toss each time.
- The fewer stationary dribbles you use between each move, the more difficult this basketball drill will be.
- Focus on selling the move and staying low in the dribble position the whole time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start by dribbling a basketball with your right hand and holding a tennis ball in your left hand.
- Toss the tennis ball up in the air, dribble the basketball behind your back, cross it over in front of you, and then catch the tennis ball with your left hand.
- Repeat the move for the desired amount of time and then switch which hand has the basketball and the tennis ball.