It is fun to watch a great point guard handle the basketball. They can survey the floor and, at the same time, make multiple dribble moves. They can dribble through the defense or break their man down and then still see the open cutter for the pass.
Tennis ball basketball drills are one of the great tools to use for training yourself to keep your eyes up while dribbling and to be able to make moves while focusing on other parts of the game. Along with working on your overall handles, this basketball drill will work on the behind the back dribble move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Behind the Back Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: A basketball and a tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Toss Behind the Back Tennis Ball Basketball Drill (Walking)
- Behind the Back Continuous Basketball Dribbling Drill
- 1 Dribble Double Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill (2 Ball)
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling and behind the back move.
- Keep your head up and see the floor.
- Toss the tennis ball straight up in the air.
- Pound the basketball as hard as you can each time.
- As you go through this basketball dribbling drill, stay low the whole time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- In one hand, you are going to have a tennis ball, and in the other hand, you will have a basketball.
- Dribble the ball behind the back while throwing the tennis ball in the air.
- Catch the tennis ball with the opposite hand while crossing the basketball over to the other hand.
- Try to make the move with no dribbles in between each move, but stationary dribbles may be used if needed.