Working on ball handling is something that every player should be spending time on, even if you are not a primary ball-handler. This two ball basketball dribbling drill is great because it allows the player to work on their ball handling, but it also practices a specific move and works on overall hand coordination.
Along with this being a great basketball drill to do to work on your skills, it is also a basketball dribbling drill that can be done pretty much anywhere you have a flat hard surface. So whether it is used during practice or in your driveway, you can work on your handles.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Behind the Back Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling, the behind the back move, and overall hand coordination.
- Stay low the entire time doing the drill.
- Do your best to keep your eyes up and scanning the floor as you do the drill.
- Dribble the basketballs as hard as you can, and don’t be afraid to mess up or make a mistake.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with a basketball in each hand and get down in an athletic stance.
- At the same time, dribble one basketball in front of you and the other behind you.
- Continue this pattern back and forth (keep the same ball in front the whole time).
- After 30 seconds, rest.