Before using a move in a game, you should practice it until you feel comfortable with it. The between the legs basketball dribbling drill allows you to get plenty of repetitions at the same move, which will allow the player to master the move.
Along with working on a specific move, it also allows the player to develop ball control for other dribbling moves. This is a great basketball dribbling drill to use when warming up before a game, practice, etc.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Between the Legs Continuous Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Rhythm Dribble Alternating Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Rhythm Dribble Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on the between the legs move and develop good hands.
- Change up your speeds from slow to fast.
- A big key to this basketball drill is selling your move.
- You must get out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself to dribble the basketball as hard as you can during the whole drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin with your left leg slightly forward and stand in a staggered stance.
- Dribble the ball continuously back and forth between your legs.
- Go for 30 seconds, alternate your legs so that your right leg is slightly forward, and then repeat the movement for 30 seconds.