The between the legs crossover basketball move is also known as the Hardaway Crossover because Tim Hardaway perfected it and used it against defenders that tried to stay in front of him. To make this basketball move work, you need to really sell the between the legs move, get the defense to shift over, and then immediately cross the ball back over and go the opposite direction. Basketball dribbling drills like this are also designed to work on a player’s timing, so really make that a key to focus on.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Between the Legs/Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Alternating Between the Legs 2 Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In & Out Crossovers Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling, hand speed, and work on the between the legs crossover combo move.
- Push yourself, and don’t be afraid to mess up.
- Sell your move with your entire body each time.
- Sometimes go full speed for a few reps and sometimes work on changing your speeds and going from slow to fast.
- Stay low during the basketball drill and don’t raise up.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with the ball in your right hand; dribble the ball between your legs to your left hand, and then cross the ball over in front of your body back to your right hand.
- Continue this between the legs crossover pattern for 30 seconds, and then switch starting hands and repeat.