The between the legs crossover or the Tim Hardaway killer crossover is a great combo move to use when trying to breakdown a defender. By selling the between the legs move, you will get the defender to shift one way, and then you can use the quick cross back over the other direction and drive past the defender. By adding a tennis ball to this basketball dribbling drill, the player will learn to be really comfortable with the move. It will make the basketball an extension of their hands and teach them to dribble with their eyes up the entire time.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Between the Legs Crossover Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Behind the Back Crossover Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Double Behind the Back Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Double Crossover Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and hand-eye coordination.
- A big key for this basketball drill is focusing on selling the move and pushing yourself to go as quickly as you can.
- Give yourself a good toss each time and stay low while doing the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Dribble the basketball with one hand and hold a tennis ball in the other.
- Toss the tennis ball up in the air, do the between the legs crossover move, and then catch the tennis ball with the same hand that tossed it.
- Continue doing the move for 15-30 seconds and then switch hands.