As you start playing against better competition, you will have to account for the help defense stepping up on the drive. This basketball finishing drill is great for simulating that by making you do the same move multiple times in a row. You want to be quick and explosive with your moves while remaining under control and seeing the floor.
Also, you will work on using pin down screens and learning how to move without the basketball. Great scorers can master both and learn how to score within the offense. Basketball drills like this are great because they work on multiple things at the same time.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Between the Legs Double Pin Down Diamond Basketball Drill
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Reverse Between the Legs Double Pin Down Diamond Basketball Drill
- Behind the Back Double Pin Down Diamond Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on scoring off the dribble and using a pin-down screen.
- Keep low on the dribble and push yourself, don’t be afraid to mess up, and really try to challenge yourself.
- Mix up the type of cuts that you use and really try to visualize the defender guarding you.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place 4 chairs in the shape of a diamond at the top of the key and then a chair on each wing just inside the 3 point line.
- One player will stand under the basket as a rebounder, another player/coach will be the passer, and the first player will start with a basketball at half court.
- The player will dribble down to the first chair and make a between the legs dribble move, take a dribble and repeat the move at the next chair, take one more dribble and do the same move at the last chair.
- After the last chair, they will dribble again and then finish at the basket (you can predetermine what kind of finish it is or let them mix it up).
- After the player finishes at the basket, they will immediately set their man up and use either of the wing chairs as a pin-down screen.
- They can cut multiple times or get the pass on the first cut, but they will shoot a total of 2 pin-down shots.
- You can decide on what type of shot that the player shoots off of the pin-down screen.
- After shooting the basketball, they will become the rebounder, and the previous rebounder will get in line to be the shooter.