To be a great ball-handler in basketball, you need to learn how to dribble and do different moves without looking down at the basketball or having to think about the move you are going to do. You are going to use a tennis ball for this basketball drill to teach and train your body to be able to do different moves without having to look down or think about them. Tennis ball basketball dribbling drills will be challenging at first, but they will help you master being able to dribble the basketball without looking down or thinking about it.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Between the Legs Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: basketball and tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- Toss Between the Legs Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- All Between the Legs Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on the between the legs move and Hand/Eye Coordination.
- Dribble the ball as hard and as quick as you can.
- Stay low and keep your eyes up.
- It is actually encouraged to mess up because this means that you are getting out of your comfort zone.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand in an athletic position with a tennis ball in one hand and a basketball in the other hand.
- Take a stationary dribble with the basketball, toss the tennis ball up in the air, dribble the basketball between your legs, and then catch the tennis ball with the hand that just had the basketball.
- Take another stationary dribble and then repeat the toss between the legs action.
- Continue this back and forth pattern for 30 seconds.
- To make this basketball dribbling drill more advanced, eliminate the stationary dribble between each between the legs move.