The all between the legs two basketball dribbling drill is an advanced drill that will work on ball handling and developing soft hands and hand coordination. By dribbling two basketballs, you are developing both hands simultaneously and making it easier to handle one ball when you get into a game situation.
When you do basketball drills like this, you want to really push yourself and get out of your comfort zone. Don’t be afraid to mess up or lose the basketball; this is part of the drill. You should be going so fast and hard that a mistake happens now and then. That way, when you get into a game situation and are dribbling the basketball at normal speed, you will feel all the more comfortable. This is a great drill for point guards and wing players, and non-ball handlers, as it will also work on soft hands for catching tough passes and finishing.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Between The Legs Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and dribbling between the legs.
- Stay low in a dribbling position the whole time.
- Keep your eyes up and push yourself to go as fast as you can.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up or lose control of the basketball; get out of your comfort zone.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with a basketball in each hand and at the same time dribble one ball between your legs and cross the other one over in front of you.
- Without taking any dribbles in between, repeat the move but with the opposite hands.
- The same basketball will stay in front the whole time, and your feet should stay spread.
- The motion will look similar to a figure 8 dribbling move.