There are a lot of times in a basketball game where you need to throw a bounce pass. However, because bounces passes are slower, they need to be accurate and thrown with good timing. This basketball passing drill is great for working on accuracy and proper mechanics when using a bounce pass.
It is not a difficult drill, but the repetitions will help you develop good passing habits and prevent turnovers. This basketball training video will show you the correct way to make the pass and give you some great tips for becoming a better passer. Really focus on snapping your passes, and do your best to be as accurate as you can. This type of pass is a basketball fundamental that every player should be working to master.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Bounce Pass Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner, or a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your bounce pass mechanics and form good passing habits.
- Try to hit the same spot on the wall every time.
- Snap your pass and really focus on good mechanics.
- You want the ball to hit about 3/4 of the way to your partner.
- Also, make sure that you are alternating the foot that you step with every time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand 8-10 feet away from your partner (or the wall if you don’t have a partner).
- The player with the ball is going to step forward and snap a bounce pass to their partner.
- From here, the partner will catch the ball and then snap a bounce pass back, repeating the same passing form.
- Continue this back and forth bounce pass pattern for the desired amount of repetitions or time.