Having an arsenal of basketball moves makes you hard to guard and unpredictable to the defense. It is important to have counters to all of your moves because if the defense takes away one move or is overplaying you, you need to exploit that and make them pay. This basketball finishing drill is great for making you very hard to guard in the mid-post and on the wing out of the triple threat position. You will be able to use this basketball drill to work on selling the jab step and then going in the opposite direction.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Box Drill: Jab and Go Basketball Move
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Box Drill: Jab Step Shot Basketball Move
- Box Drill: Face Up Shot Basketball Move
- Box Drill: Shot Fake Drive Basketball Move
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your footwork and be able to make a move with either foot being your pivot foot and be able to pivot forward and backward.
- Really sell your move and imagine the defender in front of you.
- Don’t waste any movement and really push the ball out in front of you when you make your move to the basket.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start on the right block with the basketball in your hands.
- Spin the ball out to the elbow and then run out, jump stop, and grab it with both hands.
- You are going to use 1 of 4 pivot moves at the elbow.
- The moves are left foot reverse/forward pivot and right foot reverse/forward pivot.
- Make your pivot move and square up to the basket.
- Jab at the imaginary defender and then drive hard to the basket for any finish that you want.
- Get your rebound and then go to the opposite block and repeat the same move.
- You will do a total of 8 moves, 1 type of pivot move on each lane line.
- Change up your finish each time.