Developing quickness and good footwork is key in basketball, and one of the best ways and simplest ways to do this is by doing jump rope basketball drills. The box jump rope drill will help you learn to be light on your feet and improve your lateral quickness. The key is staying light on your feet and pushing yourself to go as quickly as you can.
Jump Rope Drill Overview
Drill Name: Box Jump Rope Drill
Equipment Needed: Jump Rope
Similar Jump Rope Drills and Resources
- Max Vertical Jump Rope Drill
- High Knees Run Jump Rope Drill
- Change Direction Running Jump Rope Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve quickness, footwork, and conditioning
- Stay light on your feet and push yourself to go as fast as you can.
Jump Rope Drill Instructions
- Start jumping rope off of two feet and begin jumping in a clockwise motion.
- Picture that your feet are in a box, and you need to land in all for corners.
- Go clockwise and then counterclockwise.
- Once you have gone with two feet, you can do the same drill while jumping off of just one.