This basketball workout will break down the NBA pro agility drill or shuttle drill, as some would call it. If you don’t already know, the NBA agility drill is how they test player’s quickness at the NBA combine. This video breaks down the drill and also gives some tips for improving your time. This basketball quickness and speed drill is a great way to measure a player’s quickness and footwork.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Breaking Down the NBA Pro Agility Drill
Equipment Needed: 3 cones.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your Time in the NBA Agility Drill and work on footwork quickness
- Stare down the cone you will be running to, Stay in a straight line, have some bend in your legs when you change direction.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Set up 3 cones in a row 5 yards apart.
- The athlete will start at the center cone and sprint out to the right or left cone and touch the floor with his hand; he will then immediately change direction and sprint to the farthest cone and touch the floor and change direction one more time.
- Then sprint through the middle cone, which completes the drill.