Bunny hops help improve your vertical by increasing the strength and explosiveness in the lower half of your legs. They also help to develop quickness and good footwork. To get the most out of this vertical jump basketball drill, you need to push yourself and go as quickly as you can down the line. It is also important that this basketball workout isn’t done on a hard surface like concrete because it could cause knee problems down the line.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Bunny Hops Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: None.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve Jumping, quickness, Change of Direction
- Land on the balls of your feet, but keep your heels low to the ground.
- Focus on firing up as quickly and as explosively as you can.
- Keep Feet together.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Hop in a straight line down the end of the court.
- Hops should be quick and low to the ground.
- To progress this drill, hop laterally back and forth as you progress down the court.
- Drill Variations:
- Criss-cross Bunny Hops – Crisscross your feet back and forth as you progress down the court.
- Ali-Shuffle Bunny Hops – Alternate your feet back and forth as you progress laterally down the court.