Being able to change direction quickly can really add value to your game as a basketball player. The change direction running jump rope drill will help develop your footwork and your change of direction quickness. Jump rope basketball drills like this are also great for building up your cardio and muscle endurance.
Jump Rope Drill Overview
Drill Name: Change Direction Running Jump Rope Drill
Equipment Needed: Jump Rope
Similar Jump Rope Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on quickness, speed, and lateral change of direction
- Stay light on your feet and get into a good rhythm.
- Push yourself to go as fast as you can.
Jump Rope Drill Instructions
- This workout is a combo of the lateral movement, and the forward high knees run.
- You will start by running forward while jumping rope, then back peddling back to the start line.
- When you get back to the start line, you will jump laterally back and forth while you move forward and then back again to the start line.