This footwork and agility basketball drill is great for any position but will really be beneficial for post players. The drill will allow for post players to really work on developing light and quick feet while also being able to catch and toss a tennis ball.
The added difficulty of the tennis ball is really going to challenge the player’s hand-eye coordination. This is a great basketball drill to use in a small group training session with your players.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Combination Foot Ups Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball, 1-2 tennis balls, and 1 partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Foot Ups Footwork Basketball Drill
- Foot Ups Side to Side Footwork Basketball Drill
- Figure 8 Footwork Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on developing footwork and hand-eye coordination.
- Do your best not to let your heels touch the ground when doing the drill; stay light on your feet.
- Tosser should make challenging tosses so that the player must extend their arms out to catch the tennis ball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- This drill is a combination of several foot ups drills and allows the coach/partner to make different calls for what the player should be doing.
- They can call out forward/backward one foot, forward/backward alternating, sideways one foot, sideways alternating, and around the world left or right.
- All while completing these footwork moves, the coach/partner will also be tossing tennis balls to the player that they must catch and return back to the coach/partner.
- This drill usually goes for one minute.