This is a great basketball drill to work on both ball-handling and passing at the same time. It will focus on the player’s ability to handle the basketball with different combo moves, and then it will challenge them to be able to make a one-handed pass off of the dribble to their partner. Depending on the players’ level doing this basketball passing drill, you can increase or decrease the difficulty of the combo move that the player does.
Along with this basketball drill working on the specific skills of passing and dribbling a basketball, it is also great for improving overall hand-eye coordination. The drill will challenge the player to quickly catch the ball and then get right into the next move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Combo Dribble Partner Passing Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Steve Nash Double Between the Legs Partner Passing Basketball Drill
- Steve Nash Double Crossover Partner Passing Basketball Drill
- Steve Nash Behind the Back Partner Passing Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop quick hands, work on ball handling, and make a one-handed push pass off the dribble.
- Do your best to stay low during the whole drill, and challenge yourself to dribble the basketball as hard as you can.
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or losing control of the ball; you want to get out of your comfort zone.
- You can make the combo move anything that you want.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Players will start facing each other about 8-10 feet apart, and one player will have a ball.
- When the drill starts, the player will take one pound dribble with their left hand, make a crossover, take another pound dribble with their right hand, and then make a push pass to their partner.
- The other player will catch the ball with only their left hand and then repeat the same motion.
- Continue this back and forth for 5 repetitions each, and then switch hands.
- After this, change the combo move up.
- You can go between the legs, behind the back, or use any double move you would like to do.