This basketball workout allows the player to work on their ability to quickly get into full speed, breakdown to stop, and then get into full speed again. Basketball is a game that will require a lot of starting and stopping, and the player who can learn to get going faster, quicker, and stop more quickly has the advantage over the competition. As you go through this basketball quickness and speed drill, look to be as efficient as you can, with no wasted movement or steps.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Cone Sprints Drill
Equipment Needed: 3 cones.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your speed/quickness and change of direction
- Stay in a straight line, have some bend in your legs when you change direction.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Set up 3 cones in a straight line; the distance between the cones is up to you.
- The athlete will start at one end of the cones.
- He will sprint to the middle cone, go around it, and return to the start cone where he circles that and then sprints to the far cone to circle it and sprint back through the first cone.