This tennis ball basketball dribbling drill allows you to work on the crossover move, but it also conditions you to keep your eyes up while dribbling the basketball. Too many players have to look down while dribbling, but if you practice basketball drills like this one with a tennis ball, then you make yourself look up the whole time to toss and catch the tennis ball.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Continuous Walking Toss Crossover Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and 1 tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Crossovers Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill (2 Ball)
- Cross Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill (Stationary)
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Crossover Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your crossover move while keeping your eyes up and work on your ball-handling skills.
- Focus on a good toss and catch.
- Keep your eyes up the whole time.
- Stay in an athletic position the whole time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start on the baseline with a ball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other.
- Toss the tennis ball in the air and cross the basketball in front of you.
- Catch the tennis ball with the hand that just had the basketball in it.
- Repeat back and forth while walking down the floor, not stationary dribbles in between the crossovers.
- Once you get to the other baseline, come back but this time, walk backward while doing the drill.