For this tennis ball basketball dribbling drill, you will do four different basketball dribbling moves right in a row. This will help you be more fluent with the basketball and cause you to think while doing the drill. Tennis ball drills are also great for improving a player’s hands, so they are great basketball drills for any position.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Continuous Walking Toss Rhythm Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and 1 tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Rhythm Move – Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill (2 Ball)
- Rhythm Dribble Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill (stationary),
Goals of the Drill
- Work on handling the basketball and improving hand-eye coordination.
- Stay low as you dribble, focus on a good toss when you throw the tennis ball up in the air.
- Toss, then make the move.
- If you give yourself a good toss and execute a sharp move, you will have plenty of time to do the move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- You will do 4 separate moves with no dribbles in between each move; 2 crossovers, 2 between the legs, 2 behind the back, and then 2 reverse between the legs.
- As you do each move, you will toss the tennis ball up in the air and catch it with your other hand.
- Once you get through all the moves, you are going to repeat the same pattern.
- Start on the baseline and walk all the way to the other baseline while doing the moves and then come back, but this time do the same moves walking backward.